Shopping for office furniture requires careful research to ensure you invest in the right pieces to create a highly functional and comfortable workspace. When making choices, it's important to consider factors such as size, ergonomics, durability, and style.
With so many options available on the market, narrowing down your choices and knowing where to begin can take time and effort. Before making a purchase, it is essential to consider how much space you have, how much you want to invest, and what features are most important for your workspace.
Before taking the leap, read through our top 6 tips for buying the right office furniture for your workplace or home.
Elevating Your Workplace for Optimum Usability
Optimising workplace usability is essential for businesses looking to increase efficiency and productivity. Making improvements to the design can help employees perform better and reduce disruption.
Whether looking for home or commercial space furnishings, usability requires careful consideration for everything from computer desks to space configuration.
Tip 1: Consider Space Availability
Regardless of the size of your workplace, ensure you get the right-sized computer desks, chairs, workstations and storage by taking accurate measurements of the area, so you know what you have to work with and fill.
Planning the layout that works for your teams before any purchases will ensure that what you buy will fit well within the space. If limited by space, consider multi-purpose office furnishings and use vertical areas.
Tip 2: Choose Functionality
By choosing functionality for office furniture, you're considering the health and well-being of your employees. Considerations include:
- Adjustability: Furniture with adjustable features, such as height-adjustable desks and chairs, along with seat and backrest angles, can help reduce strain and promote comfort during extended work hours.
- Ergonomics: Ergonomic chairs and desks reduce strain on the body and promote good posture. This can include lumbar support, contoured seats, and adjustable armrests.
- Storage: Built-in or freestanding storage, such as workstations with drawers or filing cabinets, can help keep the workspace organised and reduce clutter.
Tip 3: Know Your Budget
It's considered good practice for a business to know and set a budget before making purchases. A budget helps ensure the company stays within its financial means and does not overspend.
Tip 4: Aesthetic Considerations
Once you have regarded the first three tips, you can consider aesthetics, which include the following:
- Colour: The colour desk, chairs, screens, pinboards and more should complement the overall aesthetics of the workplace.
- Style: The style of the furnishings should match the overall design aesthetic of the space where possible.
- Comfort: Employees should feel comfortable when they sit for extended periods.
Tip 5: Choose the Right Supplier of Office Furniture Online
When looking for a suitable supplier, you cannot surpass the reliability, quality and price of the selection from our online store. We sell durable, high-quality reception and computer desks, chairs, cupboards, drafting stools and much more.
We are happy to provide assistance and answer any questions, whether meeting you in person or when you shop online. Want to know how we can transform your workplace with choice equipment? Contact us at 1300 038 335.